Despite my busy days, i cant afford to miss this trip. I been wanting to go to anawangin the first time i saw a picture of it 2years ago, it's like love at first sight, that's why when C's classmate "J" invited us to go there i said yes right away. Thank Good Lord, I dont have class report scheduled on that day. Nakisama ang panahon talaga.
The track is tough,indeed, it is dark and grassy as in tall grasses. The only words i know at that moment is "malayo pa ba?" the climb is like eternity, someone screaming "are we there yet?" again and again.

When our guide finally said, "we are almost there" a wide smiles overcome us, finally! It's like seeing a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!


By 6am we finally reached the summit, by that time the sun is getting ready to say "hello" world, but the clouds spoil the sun to rise with all its valor.

Wow, wow, the view on top of the mountain is so amazing, i was so proud i finished the journey! Congrats self! The other group of hikers were already on the summit. We took pictures and ate our breakfast.


I'd like to give tribute to kuya in orange shirt, he is the one carried my backpack, he is also our guide. You made my climb easier.

Friends and I were the last to reach the ground and stunned at the news that J stumbled on the ground, his forehead hit the rock, got a cut about an inch, it was a little bloody, good thing they had a first aid kit and a nurse on the group. The bleeding stopped and J's back still kicking!
At the sight of anawangin with its glory, a peaceful sea, a mountain, pine tress and all, it was worth the 6 hour of torment.
Odd! that was a lot of people's reaction when they saw the place, how come a pine tress managed to grow on sand? Anyhow, that's the wonder of the place. Whatever force brought the pine trees there, I want to thank it, that made the place surreal among other places. The place was so serene.



I was thinking of edward hopping from one pine tree to another, bela on her back.



I had so much fun, it was a new kind of adventure for me. I'm already planning my second visit to anawangin.
More stories tomorrow - our adventure at the light house in Capones Island


13 comments:
wow that quite an adventure. I would love also to do some climbing. Great job. Nice picture also especially the one where you're already on the summit. I like also the twilight picture :)
I dunno know mitch, i have been to one mountain climb, i went halfway to the peak, i don't think i will ever do it again. Great shots. I am glad you did that though, it was very encouraging.
That was a great experience. I can imagine how difficult it is. When I went up to Mambukal in Bacolod years back, I terribly grasped for breath.
Last year I was so inggit with my former officemates. They climbed Mount Pulag. Before that they did some 'training' so that they're well-conditioned for the actual climb. They emailed some woods photos to me, which look like the ones there. I was at the peak of my Twilight addiction then. Thanks for sharing the photos. It must be very fulfilling to be standing on the summit. =)
great adventure. The last time I climbed a mounted saw ten year ago pa. Hay kaka miss. La na kasi mga mountaing climbing buddies ko, nag si alisan na ng country :(
Thanks for sharing and great photos by the way!
Hi sis! Nice shots.Thanks for sharing. I just dream of mountain climbing. I dont think I could do it. I easily get tired. And believe me Im the clumsiest of all.LOL.
wow that looks like quite a hike! :)
@upto6only - an adventure, indeed!
@sheng: grabe, sobrang hirap talaga, until now i cant imagine na naakyat ko, whew!
@jo: dpat talaga nag warm up kami or nag tranning before the climb, sobrang na strech ang muscles ko, hehehhe
@jeanny: medyo matagal ko cguro bago umulit, hirap eh, heheh
@tessah:clumsy din ako, ilang beses ako nadulas, grabe.
@ria: yes true, quite a hike
wow! sounds like a great adventure here. congratulations. thanks for sharing your pitures and experience with us.
Hello, sa susunod i try niyo yung nagsasa cove. tapos i timing mo ng lowtide kinabukasan para mapuntahan ang camara island. Baka naman pwede kaming sumama uli dyan same crowd, yung cook, yung addict sa bundok, yung maingay na nasagasaan ng 10 wheeler, at lalao na si Choco mucho
Beautiful photos! Looks like a fun and memorable hike. It's nice to see everyone having a terrific time.
wow, that sounds like a great trip! ;-) love the photos; they make me want o go there!
@bluerose: great adventure, indeed.
@windell: sure, cge go ulit tayo basta ba may choco mucho lagi eh heeheh, san ba yung nagsasa cove?
@rachel: yeah right. i had so much fun kahit mahirap.
@caryn: i'm sure you'll gonna love it.
Great photos and what an adventure! I wish to go hiking one day. It's been a long, long time since my last hike. LOL
Post a Comment