wall climbing - final update

25 September 2008

Fun fun fun, that’s how I describe what we experienced wall climbing last night.We came there by 5:30 after office, good thing there are no other climbers, so we have all the time. After signing up the blah blah thing, comes the orientation, (how to use the belay device, harness, etc etc)
sorry to spoil you guys but I didnt maket it…when i saw how high the walls, im freaking back out, the girls were convincing me, thanks but no thanks, but wait, I did the toughest job.. belaying.. manually operate the belay device that holds the rope, it is a tandem between the climber and the belayer,(takes two to tango) the safety of the climber lies on the hand of the belayer, it requires presence of mind, never ever let go of the rope, scary, the climber should trust the belayer.. before i forget, here are climbing terms you need to know when climbing: climbing, climb on, tension(loosen the rope), slack(tighten the rope), down and let go...

never let go of the rope

presence of mind
and a sore hands

here are the highlights

no fear
ain't no wall high enough
when you successfully climbed 2 walls


We had fun, (you'll burn 600 cal. per hour) tip: if you want to try this, go on a thursday night, it's the ladies night, 50% off.

power up girls

after burning calories, we replace it with a big dinner...at tiendisitas, yey!


8 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

What a fun and exciting activity. I love the last shot of the "power up girls".

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! even though you didn't climb you got to help and that's pretty awesome!

iluvgreen said...

rachel and ria : next time i'll try to climb promise.. hope i can share how it feels to be up there..

princess_dyanie said...

wow ang athletic mo naman. i wish i am too haha :P

iluvgreen said...

hi dyanie, slight lang.. ask mo s henrie, opposite kami nyan.. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanna do that climbing, too! I so envy my friends when they did trek to Mount Pulag a week ago. That big dinner seemed much fun. I love big meals being shared with friends. =)

iluvgreen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iluvgreen said...

hi witandnuts - mt. pulag, is it the one in baguio? it's too high according to my mountaineer friend, when she climbed years ago she almost die because of hypothermia.

25 September 2008

wall climbing - final update

Fun fun fun, that’s how I describe what we experienced wall climbing last night.We came there by 5:30 after office, good thing there are no other climbers, so we have all the time. After signing up the blah blah thing, comes the orientation, (how to use the belay device, harness, etc etc)
sorry to spoil you guys but I didnt maket it…when i saw how high the walls, im freaking back out, the girls were convincing me, thanks but no thanks, but wait, I did the toughest job.. belaying.. manually operate the belay device that holds the rope, it is a tandem between the climber and the belayer,(takes two to tango) the safety of the climber lies on the hand of the belayer, it requires presence of mind, never ever let go of the rope, scary, the climber should trust the belayer.. before i forget, here are climbing terms you need to know when climbing: climbing, climb on, tension(loosen the rope), slack(tighten the rope), down and let go...

never let go of the rope

presence of mind
and a sore hands

here are the highlights

no fear
ain't no wall high enough
when you successfully climbed 2 walls


We had fun, (you'll burn 600 cal. per hour) tip: if you want to try this, go on a thursday night, it's the ladies night, 50% off.

power up girls

after burning calories, we replace it with a big dinner...at tiendisitas, yey!


8 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

What a fun and exciting activity. I love the last shot of the "power up girls".

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! even though you didn't climb you got to help and that's pretty awesome!

iluvgreen said...

rachel and ria : next time i'll try to climb promise.. hope i can share how it feels to be up there..

princess_dyanie said...

wow ang athletic mo naman. i wish i am too haha :P

iluvgreen said...

hi dyanie, slight lang.. ask mo s henrie, opposite kami nyan.. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanna do that climbing, too! I so envy my friends when they did trek to Mount Pulag a week ago. That big dinner seemed much fun. I love big meals being shared with friends. =)

iluvgreen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iluvgreen said...

hi witandnuts - mt. pulag, is it the one in baguio? it's too high according to my mountaineer friend, when she climbed years ago she almost die because of hypothermia.