It's been a decade since i left college and took the road to the real big/small world, i didn't end up working in media and im not surprised because my heart was never in it. I obtained a masscomm degree, obviously i want to be a newscaster (that was a dream of a young girl in me). Early in college i realized that I want to be a psychologist/psychiatrist/shrink whatever anyone wanna call it. I planned to shift my course but since i already have circle of friends in mass comm and i dont wanna start over again, i dropped the idea and pursue what i have started. There are regrets though but i am grateful for the lessons i learned and friendship i made. But you can never put on the back burner what your heart's desire. I turned down an employment offer from one of the tv networks here (don't get me wrong, it wasn't a big deal) and landed in the real corporate world instead (sometimes i wonder what i become if i accepted the job?) There's an intense need to pursue what i like, if not, something related or close to it. Slowly my job leads me to the door but it was never easy, there are obstacles, too many cross roads, i learned a whole lot of things from people i met along the journey and there are more to learn. Now i am working as an HR generalist, at least it is close to what i want to become and i'm happy. Next month i'm going back to school. I'm aiming to have a thorough knowledge in the field of human resources management . I'm excited, i want to know how it is different from my happy-go-lucky college days, i want to know how matured i become or did i mature at all? lol.
To sum it up, i am happy with what is going on with my life (there are bad times but bearable. ) Everything falls into place except for one, but im very positive about it, i know it will be granted soon, i'm wishing on the same star. I'll keep my fingers cross.
To sum it up, i am happy with what is going on with my life (there are bad times but bearable. ) Everything falls into place except for one, but im very positive about it, i know it will be granted soon, i'm wishing on the same star. I'll keep my fingers cross.
"Happiness is emotion in which one experiences feelings ranging from contentment and satisfaction to bliss and intense joy." Hmm, thank you WikiPedia

5 comments:
i graduated with a degree in communications. i want to write but not for a newspaper. yay for going back to school!!!
I also had my rollercoaster thoughts about my profession. Because I have varied interests. Glad that I have long accepted that I love where I am right now. Glad that I didn't shift to another course.
Being back to school is fun. Pursue those that make you happy. =)
good for you jo. :)
pursue your dreams and your passion for there lies your happiness!
i'm happy for you, and wish you all the best. may God grant you the desires of your heart!
thanks odette
Post a Comment